- We are proposing a $50k JKL<>MNTA token swap between our two Communities.
- Each party will match the received token with another $50k of their own token in a BOW LP (the AMM built on top of FIN, Kujira’s orderbook DEX).
- This will result in $200k of JKL/MNTA liquidity that will make JKL tradable with limited price impact against a wide variety of assets (axlUSDC, USDC, USK, wETH, wBTC, ATOM, KUJI, etc.) thanks to MantaSwap’s multihop router.
- Half of the LP ($100k) will be owned by Jackal Foundation; the other half ($100k) will be owned by MantaDAO.
- This will sustainably deepen liquidity for JKL in the form of Protocol-Owned Liquidity, at zero cost for Jackal, and without the need for any incentives.
- Deep liquidity is fundamental to support token price stability, allowing existing token holders to sell with limited price impact, and potential new investors to enter with size.
- This will enable the Jackal Community to diversify its treasury and generate a source of income in the form of trading profits from market-making activities.
MantaDAO is a decentralized autonomous organization based on the Kujira blockchain and governed by the MNTA token. The DAO and its token are backed by Protocol-Owned Liquidity (POL) and revenue-generating products, one of which is MantaSwap, a multihop router built on top of FIN, Kujira’s CLOB DEX.
MantaDAO’s mission is to support the entire Kujira ecosystem towards delivering a best-in-class experience to both traders and protocols looking to list their token on FIN, while being profitable for MNTA stakers.
To achieve that, MantaDAO operates two complementary activities: (i) a Development arm building applications, analytics and tooling to improve users’ experiences and opportunities across the Kujira ecosystem, and (ii) a Market Making arm focusing on deepening liquidity on FIN’s orderbook via long-term protocol-owned liquidity and sustainable market making programs (i.e. not requiring token incentives).
MantaSwap is the first product developed by MantaDAO and at the time of writing, it is responsible for approximately 10% of all volume on FIN and generates about ~8% APR for MNTA stakers.
Since launch in April 2023, the DAO has accumulated ~$3.9m (as of 30-Nov-23) of POL spread across 29 MNTA LPs (incl. KUJI, wBTC, wETH, wstETH, ATOM and many more). During the month of November 2023, MantaDAO generated $25.7k of net trading profits from market-making activities (~8% implied trading APR) and another ~$6.9k of revenue from Manta Swap fees.
The utility of the MNTA token is primarily to protect the MantaDAO treasury from governance attacks. MantaDAO stores POL in the form of LP tokens inside the DAO treasury. POL is constantly being increased and extended to new assets in order to boost the trading volumes and fees from MantaSwap router, which works on top of FIN and BOW. Each staked MNTA token represents a share in MantaDAO and enables stakers to receive regular distributions from operational income (MantaSwap revenue at present, more revenue generating products will be developed in the future). Since Kujira on-chain governance proposal 450 passed, MantaDAO is able to independently create new pools and trading pairs in BOW and FIN, and, most importantly, flexibly configure existing ones. Thus, MantaDAO truly owns its liquidity at the code level.
MantaDAO is offering a token swap deal where Jackal would receive $50,000 of MNTA in exchange for $50,000 of JKL from the Jackal Foundation wallet (exchange ratio will be based on 10-day TWAP at the time this proposal is executed).
MantaDAO will pair the received $50,000 JKL with an additional $50,000 of MNTA from its treasury to be provided as liquidity on BOW (the AMM built on top of FIN, Kujira’s orderbook DEX) into the JKL/MNTA pool.
Likewise, Jackal Community will pair the received $50,000 MNTA with an additional $50,000 JKL from the Community Pool that will be provided as liquidity on BOW into the JKL/MNTA pool.
If accepted, this proposal will greatly increase JKL liquidity on Kujira, and facilitate several liquidity routes through the JKL/MNTA pair. In particular, this would enable users to trade JKL across most of the pairs available on FIN, including axlUSDC, USDC, USK, ATOM, KUJI, wBTC and wETH at very low slippage via MantaSwap’s multihop router. This is made possible by routing trades via the >$1.7m MNTA/KUJI LP mostly owned by MantaDAO and Kujira Community Fund that acts as an intermediary step to the deepest KUJI pools on FIN (e.g. to trade axlUSDC for JKL, the route would be axlUSDC<>KUJI<>MNTA<>JKL).
This will result in a total of $200k in liquidity for the JKL/MNTA pair on BOW, of which half ($100k) in POL for Jackal Foundation and the other half ($100k) in POL for MantaDAO, all generating revenue.
The proposed token swap will provide several benefits to Jackal:
- Sustainably deepen liquidity for JKL in the form of POL, at zero cost for Jackal, and without the need for any incentives.
- Deeper liquidity will support JKL price stability, allowing existing token holders to sell with reduced price impact, and potential new investors to enter with size.
- Facilitate intelligently routed swaps for JKL on FIN and allow Kujira traders to trade against axlUSDC, USDC, USK, wBTC, wETH, ATOM, KUJI and more at very low slippage.
- Diversify Jackal Foundation treasury and create a new source of income in the form of trading profits from market making activities.
- Open up additional arbitrage routes between the DEXs where JKL is listed, resulting in a net increase in trading volumes on all sides.
- Divergence Risk: Assets may experience significant divergent price movements during high volatility periods, resulting in impermanent loss (IL).
Note that while the language of the proposal mentions a $50k swap, each party utilizes a total of $100k of its assets in this collaboration to provide a total of $200k in liquidity for JKL/MNTA.
After addressing any questions or concerns from the Jackal community on the governance forum, should the proposal pass, the token swap deal and LP provisioning process will be as follows:
- The Kujira team will act as the intermediary for Kujira on-chain operations. MantaDAO community launches and votes on the proposal to send $100k worth of MNTA from the governance-controlled MantaDAO treasury wallet to Kujira team operational address: kujira1zspr6va4ev78lpsh48s57nv6szxj4cdywt2kkg.
- $50k of this amount will be used for direct exchange with the Jackal community. The remaining $50k MNTA will be used for LP matching with $50k JKL received from the Jackal Foundation wallet.
- MantaDAO community posts a text proposal asking the Jackal community to approve the deal that will be executed by the Jackal team on the behalf of the Jackal Foundation, transfering $100k JKL from the Jackal Foundation wallet to the Kujira team operational address:
- $50k JKL of this amount will be used for direct exchange with the MantaDAO community. The remaining $50k JKL will be used for LP matching with $50k MNTA received from the MantaDAO community.
- If the on-chain proposal passes, the Jackal team performs the IBC transfer of $100k JKL to Kujira team operational address: Kujira Finder.
- The Kujira team executes the LP matching of the total received amount of $100k MNTA and $100k JKL in BOW (https://bow.kujira.network).
- Then the Kujira team sends half of the LP tokens + any unused JKL (depending on the price at the time the LP is created) via IBC back to the Jackal Foundation address: jkl1vmkyv60rztxhyahrw234l6juty72th8snftpme. Then the Kujira team send the other half of the LP tokens + any unused MNTA to the MantaDAO treasury address (Kujira Finder).
As a result:
- Jackal Foundation obtains a permanent $100k of POL for JKL/MNTA on FIN.
- MantaDAO obtains a permanent $100k of POL for JKL/MNTA on FIN.
The proposed token swap between MantaDAO and the Jackal Foundation represents a strategic collaboration that is expected to deliver mutual benefits. The partnership is a highly cost-efficient solution to deepen JKL liquidity on FIN, enabling larger trades with reduced price impact. It will also allow users to trade JKL in a 100% on-chain orderbook DEX. The deal is structured as a token swap, which means it is effectively a zero cost solution for both protocols. Given the liquidity will be owned by the Jackal and MantaDAO protocols, it won’t require any LP incentive. Finally, it will enable Jackal Foundation to diversify its treasury and generate a source of income in the form of trading profits from market-making activities. MantaDAO will update the Jackal Community periodically regarding the performance of the LP.